Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Snap, Crackle, Pop, it's......

a CV joint....


So, thinking I had some spare time for shop projects, I get to do some 'emergency' maintenance on the truck.  I'd heard some noise, but it was hard to pin down while driving.  I didn't feel like hanging under the truck while someone else drove it to try and pinpoint the sound.  I might be a bit hard of hearing, but I couldn't zero in on the source.....

Until a loud pop/ping sounded on a left turn.  Oh yeah, CV joint.

Might as well do both....
There is a seal inside the bore, drives out towards the engine.  I found them all over, but the quickest was shipped via Autozone.  My 'Zone got it here in 2 days...  I'll tell you about their customer service orientation later, maybe.

I don't have a driver that size, so it's off to the shop to make a 3.8 inch seal driver for the slide hammer...  

Sorry Mr. Pete, the float lock will have to wait.....

No comments:

Post a Comment