Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Cat like reflexes

I've had fairly good reflexes my whole life. 

I remember once in vocational ag (FFA), we were explaining how to thread pipe.  I had one of the three speaking parts.  As I turned the pipe threading die and ratchet over, the die fell out.  I swept it up and placed it back in the ratchet.  I don't think I even bent over, I just caught it about belt level and slipped it back in.  Our grade wasn't bad at all.

I caught a phone as it fell off a desk at work, and my coworker said I had "cat like reflexes". 

Saturday evening, I had parked a trailer on the side yard, where it's really steep.  We had some plywood in it.  The back of the suburban was in the dirt, the trailer back end was pretty high.  As I walked around behind the trailer to chock the wheels, a little tree branch tickled my right ear.  I snapped away, cat like, right into the corner of the plywood.

Almost a 2 inch split in the scalp.  But the sound it made was worrying.  Like stepping on a boiled egg.  ER doc said I didn't crush my skull, just needed a bit of glue to stick the scalp together.  I guess it was the scalp ripping open that made the sound.  The random little headaches aren't hard to bear, but just a tad off-putting.  No concussion, it was a side-swipe I guess.

After I heal up, I should be back to blogging.

I wish that was all I'm working through.  I could use a prayer if you are so inclined.

Thank you in advance.


7 comments:

  1. Prayer sent. That sounds like a nasty wound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. Allergies mixed with this makes a body wonder what's causing what.

      And the other issue isn't helping.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care of yourself.
    We are all getting to be the age were there aren't many minor injuries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that. Brain fog hit yesterday. I figure it's a concussion... took a while to show up. I've never had to work to think before. Not fun.

      Delete
  4. My sympathies - get well quickly! I can also sympathize - a few days ago I clobbered my left elbow and thigh, and the leg is still bothering me some. My formerly cat like reflexes didn't save me.... hope you heal well and without complications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try. You take care. I hate frogging or bruising big muscles like that.

      Delete