Thursday, April 23, 2020

Tumico Glue Clamps...

I guess it's time to revisit the glue clamps.  I could not for the life of me figure out how they come apart.  I've put on the cheaters, and the Mr. Pete visor.  No dice.  I hate hammering and twisting and pipe wrenches on precision machinery, so it was time for study.

I really don't like search engines very much.  They seem to draw the wrong conclusions.  They all seem to work like that lady interviewer talking to a college professor, "So what you are saying is, people should act like lobsters."  Only in cloud cuckoo land, lady.  Right next door to YOU!

Finally, I find something that may, just may help me out....

Scherr-Tumico Construction

 

Now, really, who would think to ask for that particular verbage?  Okay, maybe I'm more lobster than I realize.  Heaven forfend I'm blond!!!!

Anyways, it gave me enough information to make some ideas flow around in this dizzy head of mine.

If I can't find a little spanner in the junk boxes I have, I'm planning on making a small ring to place around the end of the mic.  Bore diameter is about 0.0395"  (about and a 4 digit decimal in the same sentence, egads) I need to find out what diameter the cross hole is.  I think I have something that will fit.  Like a wire size, letter size or fractional, I should have something to fit it.  Then, hopefully, twist it off and start the recal on these wonderful glue clamps. 

okay, 0.039"?
add 0.0005"
Artist misconception of the disassembly tool.

Health update if interested.  Still not right.  Doctor visit tomorrow.  Found a spare day that I was due so tomorrow off as well.  Mornings are a bit tough, been sleeping 10 plus hours a night.  They said to expect that.  Afternoons are nearly normal, just weak, and no stamina.  It may take a week to make this tiny tool.  Time will tell.  It may take a while to come back from this noggin knock, too.  A while longer than I anticipated, at first blush.  Prayers are appreciated and needed.

*EDIT!*  Falling asleep last night I nearly facepalmed.  0.0395"?  No, Try 0.3095"   The brain still works! yay!

2 comments:

  1. May God speed your healing process and make you whole again soon.
    A wee bit stubborn are we?
    (laughing)
    Typical guy, gotta push the boundaries.
    Nice and slow, neither of us are Spring Chickens anymore and speaking for myself, it takes way too long to heal up from things I used to shrug off.
    I'm talking months/ over a year for things like muscle strains and things like that.
    I also have to admit that you have picked a project that I am enjoying watching you figure out. I have no doubts that you will get these "clamps" figured out eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah. Yeah, I bit off a big bite with these babies. I'm trying to take it easy. I have a couple weeks off that I put in for before the red menace showed up. That starts Monday.

      I read your blog today, too. I'm praying for you, too. Hope you can find the end of the maze without losing your mind. If you start missing meals come visit. We got a wee bit we can share!! I can teach you how to cook cactus.

      Delete