Sunday, April 19, 2020

UltraViolet

If you like Mila Jovanovich, you should watch that movie.  It's a comic book, and I like comic books.  They talk about hemophages, or vampires if you want.  When they 'convert', they can be very light sensitive or not so much.

After the brain spank®, I have / had a hard time with sounds.  Certain sounds really irritate me.  Some voices do, others don't.  Clinking plates drive me up the wall now.  Kinda like comic book, over-the-top, drive me up the wall. 

I had to stay in the dark for a while, and listen to white noise off and on.  I would have  been hard pressed to believe it, but white noise helped the pressure drain away.  Pink noise makes an antler grow out of my forehead.  Yeah, like that Conan the Barbarian movie.

I've had a couple really foggy days, but mostly, just weak, head pressure off and on, with no stamina.  I can wash a few dishes or wash clothes, and then I'm done.  Doctor's orders are to take sick leave.  All of it.  So I'm in the middle of using it up.  So, when did we quit rolling over unused sick leave?  Why didn't I hear about it when it happened?  hmmmm......  Maybe I did and don't remember....

I watch the Tool and Die guy on Youtube.  He sold some neat things during Christmas. One of them was a Lufkin micrometer patent drawing.  He cleaned it up and made a poster of it.  I looked at that a few times in the last weeks....


Wait, J - Compression Nut????



Oh, could it be that easy?  Really?


And to test my theory....




 Neat.  All that goofing around just to find out my ignorance was keeping me from proceeding.  Situation Normal.  And no facepalm, I'm not up for another headache.

I did order a gizmo to help me.  I thought about how to do this without making a mess.  I could have used some leather and a pair of normal pliers, but that wasn't enough fun.




They don't feel as cheap as they cost.  And they gripped that compression nut like it needed.  So, now the mics are able to move without coercion.  Next up is calibrating them to be accurate.  Well, as accurate as I can make them.

This little post, made me a bit light headed.  I'm on the loooooong road.  No doubt.

9 comments:

  1. Funny....They say people that had the coronavirus have to go thru a similar recovery. Like having to reprogram the brain again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd heard something about that. Man, this is no fun. Posting this took a while. The dizzies passed on fairly quickly though. 3 days in a row that are trending good.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you really, really must have taken a shot.
    I was hoping to see you on the mend and going at it again. Looks like you seriously need to just kick back for a while.
    So you found out the hard way that they don't roll over PTO where you work eh?
    Ours does but caps at 120 hrs. I have only run up against that once in 8 years. Pretty neat you figured out the micrometer issue. That has to make you feel a bit of accomplishment.
    Take care of yourself man. It sounds to me like this is going to take a while whether you want it to or not but at least your head is not letting you over do it for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I felt pretty good figuring that out. I sure hope to come out of this normal, every day seems to be something new to work through. The other stuff going on isn't helping. I'm convinced of that, too. If it was just a head injury, or just the other mess.....

      Delete
    2. I just happened upon your blog, and read your post about the concussion, and had to leave a note. I am medically retired now, due to chronic near daily migraine headaches. I have a family history of them. But I also had between 5-6 serious concussions in high school, playing football. I was pretty good, and had college scholarships offered, so I played at a high enough level in high school, that I got the type of concussions that normally one would not expect to see until later on in a player's career.
      I suffer pretty much everyday now, and am currently trying some of the new drugs that have come out to try and figure something that will work for my migraines. For the last 40 years, I have tried to find a treatment plan, and have not found one yet.
      The only thing that has worked for me is a narcotic and something to stop me from vomiting. The narcotic component is pretty much impossible to get now with the drug war and the way that our government is.
      I wish you well, and caution you that another concussion while you are healing from this first one,is not a good idea. So take it easy until your doctor tells you that you are good to go. They will heal, but you have to be patient sometimes.

      pigpen51

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the kind words. I'll put you on my prayer list. Yeah, I bought a bump cap to wear around the house. I'm not taking any chances on another one if I can help it. Living in the fog is no fun.

      Delete
  3. We will watch anything that Mila Jovanovich is in.
    We do have a preference for "The Fifth Element" as Science Fiction, and any of her multiple zombie battle movies.

    And my last vehicle did have an Umbrella Corporation parking sticker I bought online. Oh yeah, and a Misktonic University sticker in the back window.

    Take care of yourself, everything else can wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fifth Element is a favorite. UltraViolet was a cool comic-book movie. The undead stuff is not my cup of tea.

      Working on it... If my job doesn't peter out first.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete