Thursday, August 4, 2022

CPO

Well, the CPO is done.  Needed cleaning.  The old capacitor in the circuit causes it to drift and chirp a bit.  Exactly like it should.  Rewired it a bit and added new feet.  It had two old felt feet.  I always kept the feet they included in our rack mount devices, so I had plenty to choose from.  I think it will work as designed.  Honest wear and tarnish is a bonus in my book.  It ain't new, and if it looked new, I'd be suspicious. 




House work:

I helped my sister replumb her house.  She had a single month bill of nearly a grand.  Major leak due to really old, brittle pvc.  I studied up a bit and I learned something new about PEX.  My son had some in his mobile home.  It was garbage.  Leaked everywhere there was a push on fitting.  I found out they make crimp type connectors, so we went with that.

She is a huge volunteer at her church.  When she asked for some help fixing her house, there were crickets.  Not good, Bob, not good.  In the middle of the project, she got a text asking her to help with the ice cream social they were putting on.  Wow.  Unspeakably tone deaf.  The Wheezing Geezer (me) and the son of someone she knows and her were the crew.  We got it done over the course of a few days.  We have a couple more gigs and all the leaks will be done.  

I looked at my water bill, and it's up $30 bucks this month...  What the actual heck....

You may have won the Grand Prize!!!!

Rotted galvanized pipe in the ground.  Oh joy.  Thank God I bought a long roll of that PEX, and bulk amounts of fittings.  I think I can work this with minimal belly crawling.  But if it's in one spot, it's everywhere... you just know it is.

I guess my prayers for cooler weather will lead me into the dark realm of spiders, mud and God knows what else.  

Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments: