Sunday, July 24, 2022

House Mouse

Took time for some cleanup.  May have a job to do on the mill.  It was covered in swarf from the last go round.  I really hate how much falls into the tee slots.  Those things catch everything I don't want them to.  I've seen some really neat covers for them, but they are pricey. The Scot in me keeps the billfold shut when I think I want to buy some.  I made some long years ago with hardboard.  But they were slick and stuff flew off them like they were ice.

I was digging around looking for some pvc to split or something similar.  And I found something called PEX.  Too cool.  It was the proper diameter to be a friction fit.  Looks like I can just vac up the chips and swarf without digging into the slots.  And it will keep the drill bits and end mills from hiding in them as well.


Hi Viz Orange filler

That orange thing on the vise is a deburring tool

I cut the front and back a little long and ran them under the vise.  The middle ones were cut to length due to the tee nuts holding the vise.  I ran a small cube of steel over them and got them level with the top of the bed.  I think that will help hold the swarf up and still let the cutting oil seep on through.

Still have a long way to go to get the shop neat.  But every day I get a little farther along.

Keep punching!  I'm hanging in there, too.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was really cheap compared to the bespoke ones they sell. I couldn't justify the cost. I think I was out 15 bucks. (I just checked, it was poly urethane air hose not PEX... oops)

      Delete