Sunday, January 23, 2022

Time Wounds All Heels

Man, has it been a tough few months or what?  I am bushed.

that's me on the right...

Between the doctor's office manager that can't work a fax, or figure out how to call and verify that receipt of a fax, to insurance companies that change out great reps for morons that make a single request and never followup on it; I'm worn down.

It's a never ending mess, seems.  Two full time jobs now:  healing up as best I know how and keeping the information flowing between doctor, insurance and work.  Part time job is finding some scratch to fill in when the insurance is farting around and not paying the claim... 

Life has been a clapped out roller coaster, and I have not one thing to complain about.  Mike is in the meat grinder, Cedarq took a major hit, Phil and BCE are dealing with ridiculously insane groupies from Ricky Rat's lair, it's like the world is losing it's mind.  Or I am.

 Or I'm just tired...

Getting the gumption up to take care of normal business is taking effort now.  Still loads to do.  

This got painted finally...

is chuck tree a word?

 

Got the casters last summer before I got sick.  Nephew painted it a week ago, and I loaded it up the other day.  I still have a bit of work to do on top.  I have a little crane to install so I don't have to pickup that monster chuck on the bottom by hand (as if I could anymore).  Just a bit of welding, grinding and more painting  and it'll be done and ready.

Started to move things around in the shop to get the old LeBlond out and move in the Sheldon.  Still very slow going with the lack of lung power.  And, it's an elective at this point.  The main stuff is riding herd on the doctor, insurance, the work stuff.  And trying to figure out the way forward on the legal front.  No movement there to speak of.

I got a pc running the buddy's plasma table.  The old one choked on a hairball.  The new one runs the table smoothly and it'll run the next version of software, too.  License for the software has been moved to his company and working on getting the table info updated.  Found some neat free DXF files for it, and after the consumables come in, I'll cut some of them out.  Looks like that may be my pork chop money going forward.  Especially if the insurance can't get their heads out of their collective...... armpits.  When I get it running, if you need anything cut, let me know.  We'll work out good prices, especially if it fits in a USPS one rate box or envelope.

How cool is that?  Working in a welding shop with compromised lungs.  Death Wish part XXXIV.  I'm saving for powered grinding / welding respirator.  

 I guess that's it.  Kind of a weakly update...  heh....

So, remember kids:                                         KYHOYA!

Thanks to Dean Grennell for the great memory!  He sent me some of those stickers to post around the house....  almost 30 years ago..... 






8 comments:

  1. Look! It's a chuck 'n faceplate tree!

    If I had a lifting device, I would be tempted to attach a small, battery powered, motion activated system of lights and a two tone warning.

    Yep. A whooping crane.

    I wear a half mask respirator under my welding helmet with those pancake filters made for dust and smoke.
    Yes, one of the powered respirators would be awesome, but they are way pricey.
    Hmm, I wonder if a very small shop vac and a length of flexible hose would work as a filtered air source.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Down here, just put and A&M sticker on it, it'll be a whooping crane then, too.

      I have the half mask with the pancake filters, but inhaling through them is a bit tough at times. I figured a powered one might be easier. With my luck, I'd put the vacuum hose in the wrong port and turn myself inside out.

      They do make air trailers down here for drilling crews. When the H2S alarm sounds, they run and put on a mask. I don't remember how long the air lasts, but it's a day or so for every one on the crew. Big cylinders of air, not O2.... Painted yellow IIRC. That may be a thought. I bet I could find something like that around here.

      Delete
    2. I was going to ask about your saying, "I am bushed."
      Not sure what part of your body received the bushing, and I don't know how the bad bushing got bored out. :) :)

      Delete
    3. Just means wore out. If I could find a better battery or maybe a bigger brain....

      Delete
  2. STxAR - Agreed that working with an insurance company is its own full time job. Here is hoping you heal - and get what is owed to you.

    What in Heaven's name is a Plasma Table?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope it works out. I'm in uncharted territory right now. In betwixt claims...

      Well sir, I believe that will be answered in another poast!!! Plasma table 101 coming soon-ish.

      Delete
    2. See? The Social Internet. I am getting smarter.

      Delete
    3. You nailed it in your post. I feel a closeness to the folks I read. I've learned much, be treated well, and have people I can ask for counsel from. It is definitely the MESI (most excellent social internet), no the BDSM (big dumb social media).... ;)

      Delete