Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Super Redneck Toobox!

 Two New Tools for The Redneck Toolbox

 

Potential Dismemberment Device

 
I have two new tools for the toolbox.  I traded some unused stuff for a new motor and 5 speed trans for Zoomie the Ford.  Unfortunately, they were attached to a scrap pickup!  One ruined flat on the ground to boot.  How to push this into place for the eventual motor removal and disassembly of all that is still serviceable??  Even in my prime I couldn't push a flat up a rise.

You ever seen anything like this??  It ain't much of a tow bar, but it's a decent enough PUSH bar.  Caution, it'll jack knife if you get too far out of alignment.  Keep your tail lights fairly lined up.

Almost to the jack knife!

Utterly amazing.  It worked a treat first time!  And those couplers.... I've never seen anything like them either.  Pins and not a lever?  Worked fine.  And only 15 bucks each for Class 3(?).  Little scrap of 3 inch channel worked perfectly.

Hinge Die

 

I don't know if you've seen this guy on YT.  But he is pretty sharp.  Very detailed, and makes quality stuff.  He posted this today, and you can bet, I'll be making one for my toolbox soon.  Take a gander at this.
 

 

Bonus Round 

 

I found a device to make gunsmith or cabinet maker screw driver on ebay once.  I drew it up and made a few.  I'll dig for it, and post pictures in a while.

Have a good day.  I sure am!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty ingenious push bar but yeh, gotta watch for jacknifing I'm sure. Beats the hell out of sticking an old tire between the bumpers!
    That Pask fella is a a talented guy, I watch his stuff all the time.
    Merry Christmas Bud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to figure something out. Did a bit of digging and that looked like the best bet. It even worked.

      Happy Christmas, Phil. Thanks for stopping in.

      Delete
  2. Hope it worked well (and safely).

    Merry Christmas Friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked perfectly, after I learned about the jack knife issue. It was hard on the old noggin learning how to push a "trailer" that has ANOTHER human steering it!!

      Happy Christmas brother!

      Delete