Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Update on the 99 Sub

 Well, she made it without a hiccup.  Ran like a scalded dog all the way there and back again.  About 250 miles round trip.  Down here, that distance is like going to the store.  Nothing much I'm interested in is close.  Well, except the SHOP....

I took a welder over and dropped it off, came back with a few drops of 4140, some great goodness and some flotsam and jetsam.  I'm a happy camper, man.

She's a runner! 

Does she look like a "Sweet Pea"?  Cause she sure runs sweetly now.  And that throttle response is right on!!  If your CSFI dies off, the MPFI is worth doing.  It feels like I have 30 more horses under the hood.  Nice performance enhancement and an upgraded fuel system.



Yeah, it might not be a Plymouth but it's a Texas Road Runner all the same!

9 comments:

  1. Great Job STxAR! I always admire someone that can do work like that (for me, changing a headlamp is a major undertaking).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TB! I hate doing things that string out over days or weeks. I don't trust myself to finish things like that. History.... But a single day project completed, even a full day, is satisfying.

      We all have our strong points, and weak ones. I'm not a very organized person, but I remember where everything is at. It wears on me, but I've never found a good way to organize my things long term. But mechanical things are very interesting and call to me to fix.

      Thanks for stopping and come by anytime!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear that is off of your plate now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah man, I was starting to plan for a fuel pump. I absolutely hate that top of the tank design. I've done a handful of those. Yuk.

      I like that truck you have. I'm trading for a F-150 about that same vintage if it goes through. A six cylinder standard. I'll post if an when it comes on line....

      Delete
  3. Post a pic of your finds down here at my place...

    Again, thanks for bringing the welder down here to my place. As always, enjoyed your visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it too. Always good to visit with you. I'll try and get that done. Time seems to be running too fast for me to catch it!!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete