Saturday, November 28, 2020

99 Suburban update

 Multi-port Fuel Injection update.

Took the first trailer trip with the Sub this past week.  Picked up a drop deck trailer (about 1 long ton empty weight) in *major metropolis* and drove about a 100 miles.  She ran without issue.  Got about 14.5 mpg with excellent throttle response.  Had to pass a dink that pulled out in front of me, and she hit the 75 mph speed limit with ease while passing...  I really do think she got an extra 30 horses or so on the replacement / upgraded fuel injectors.

Loaded up the newest of the tools and came on back.  I babied her, not much over 65 mph on the return leg.  Fuel mileage was about 13 mpg with a well balanced 4500 lb trailer load and another 400 in the back end of the Sub.  A delightful trip, if a bit long, no doubt.  About 330 miles with nary a hiccup.

She's a runner.  Title transfer next week, and hope to finish up the 7 way trailer connector / trailer brake controller this weekend, depending on Phil's rain that showed up last night.  Gravy, the drops were this size of eggs this morning.

New Tools!

Got a new addition to the shop.  It's a bit older than I am, but it's been gone through by a pro.  She looks sweet and I can hardly wait to get it up and making chips.  

She needs some reassembly, but that's no hill for a climber.



Hoping to get the paperwork done this next month on the LLC, tax id, and bank account to make this a sho'nuf enterprise.  I'll keep you posted on that.

Lots of liquid sunshine today, and more work than I can think about right now.  I may be getting wet to stay on track for what I want to get done.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting.  I appreciate it.

8 comments:

  1. I think I'm having a case of sellers remorse! Like My. Pete had when he sold his 10L South Bend lathe... Lol!!! Got her running yet?
    I'm glad you made it home okay and the Subroo is running good!! Found more stuff I should have sent home with you the other day. Maybe next trip. Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That front the moved through did a number on me. I've got to be a bit more aware of those going forward.

      Nope, it's on the git it done list though. I'm sure we could work out a deal if you need it back. ;) I should be by this week. If all goes well.

      Delete
  2. Great job on the Suburban STxAR. Nothing better than a project that goes right.

    What the heck am I looking at? It looks like a press.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Sheldon Lathe. 15 inch, a REAL one. I'm moving the older LeBlond to the welding shop, and moving this one into my shop.

      thanks for the congrats. I was a bit worried about the injection work. That top manifold has to seal well, and I wasn't sure it would. A few more gigs, and the Sub should be close to as new. Needs shocks, finish up the trailer hookup, and a couple door hinges, strikers, springs.... Doable stuff.

      Delete
  3. If I remember right, Sheldon is an upper end lathe.
    Well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a working machine. I sure look forward to putting it to work.

      Delete