Sunday, May 31, 2020

Wait just a dadgum minute.....

I had an errant neuron today, and it fired up a memory.   Back in the dim past, I bought a little set of ER16 collets and a couple holders for said items from BANGGOOD.  Well before the Red Menace visited our fair continent.

Now, can I find them?

hidden treasure


Low and behold!!!!  There they are!!!  RIGHT THERE!!!!!!  Yes those cheapo takeout boxes you get at Costco are being abused in the shop.

where is wald... ER16?


Will it fit?    Faith, and they will!





Do I have a sturdy vise to fit a Morse Taper 3? 

Logan 200 vise stand


Elbow grease, and some heat for one of them, and we are done. 

back gears holdfast

 And the water displacement #40 failed me again....


Black sweat shirt rag is NOT 100% cotton


Back in the Evaporust... I sure hope there is some iron left before I'm done.....

Whew!  Now, we can begin the reassembly and calibration!!!

7 comments:

  1. Definitely one for the WIN column and thanks for making me feel better because I am not the only one who knows they have something and has trouble finding it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put the first pic in just for you. I remember you laffing at some guy's "messy" garage. You ain't the only one, Phil. I got days of work to do, but no desire to do it!!

      Delete
  2. I need you to come to my shop and organize it for me. Better yet, haul some of the stuff off for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See you tomorrow! Hey, warm up your metrology gear. I'll bring the square square over... provided I remember....

      Delete
  3. It's not so much buying the same tool twice that bothers me, because he who dies with the most tools wins.
    The bothersome part is opening a drawer, moving stuff around, failing to find the tool, ordering the tool, and when it arrives and I go to put it away, finding the tool I was looking for in the exact spot that I expected to find it when I went looking.
    The only rational explanation is that the tool was taken away by a Star Trek twinkle transporter and then returned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in the 80's when I was pulling wire for a living, my lead told me of a show he saw. It was a minute in the future, and the folks that were building the future would sometimes forget to put something where it was supposed to be. When you got to that spot, and it wasn't there, it was their fault. At some point in the future, they would see their mistake and correct it, then you would find what you were looking for. We discussed that all day.

      And I have things now in triplicate because of those slackers!!

      Delete
    2. That actually makes total sense! :)

      Delete