Saturday, May 16, 2020

EDC

Man, it's really cool to see pictures of every day carry on the webz.  Most of that stuff looks like new.  I always wonder about that.  John critiqued a couple photos over at Glenn's place, and got me to thinking. 

So, here is my everyday carry.  Coming straight out of the pockets of my britches and shirt.





The pocket protector and moleskin notebook take a shirt pocket.  Allows me to offload and reload in one fell swoop.  The ruler and yellow handled hoobah come in handy every so often.  That yellow deal is a carbide tipped "knife sharpener".  It'll pull a curl in steel without blinking.


I don't remember when I started carrying the spares for my spare.  But it happened.  Two is one and one is none I've heard.  That made perfect sense to me.  Little thumb drive for programs and drivers I need at work.  Sometimes I'm at a user's pc and need my normal array of hammers, scalpels and hemostats so to speak.

The Leatherman doesn't see much use, but it has been on the belt for thousands of miles now.  When it's needed, it's always a live saver.


my wrist has a detent for setting blade angle on the OT



I use the pocket caliper as a money clip with the clippers and magnet.  This is how they stack in my pocket, and the usual amount of money I carry.  Exactly.  And that Old Timer has been with me since 1985.  My buddy's dad gave me a nice staghorn looking knife with a loss proof guarantee.  I lost it, and replaced it with this one.  It has cut the only decent fruit cake ever made during Christmas break in 1985.  It cleaned my kid's finger nails until they were big enough to do it themselves.  It's been a constant, true friend that has never let me down or turned it's back on me.  As long as I keep it sharp and clean, I doubt it ever will.

Thank you Papa L.  You gave me a man's companion.  And it's been there since you entrusted it to me.

I do carry another kind of tool.  One of those tools for less than friendly occasions.  One for when I don't expect trouble, and one for when I'm not sure.

Two is One, One is none.

God Bless Texas.

3 comments:

  1. And unlike the knives in the photo I critiqued, yours are carried and used every single day.

    I carried a Leatherman on my duty belt, but it is still on the duty belt that's been hanging in the closet every since I retired.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would that be a Sam Browne duty belt?

      Delete
    2. Yep. And it held a staggering amount of stuff including a kinetic energy projection device loaned to me by my Federal civilian government employer.

      Delete