Thursday, October 28, 2021

History Lesson

 I have been battling with everything lately it seems.  Noting is going easy.  I am growing weary of it, but I can't quit.  Sorry for the long pauses, but it is wearing me down.


History Lesson today:

 

Freedom or Death

 I never hear of Oxi Day.  Until just now.  Read this.  It is eye opening.  Who knew why Germany waited so long to invade Russia, that winter stopped the advance?  Why did that happen?

Read this article.  It's very interesting.

Here is a quote that made me stop up short:

"When my father became a U.S. citizen, the federal judge administering the oath asked him if he would take up arms again, against Greece if America needed him to do so."

WOW.  I had no idea.

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea either STxAR. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome.

      These are the men I want to pattern after. Men that don't shirk their responsibilities. Men that stand to be counted. This fires my soul like nothing else does. My heart beats stronger when I read of men like this. How can it not? "To stand to keep the boots off the necks and bellies of my little ones..." What higher goal IS there? Excellent work.

      Delete
  2. I see similar battles for freedom looming ahead, STxAR.

    And I fear many of us are going to find out what we are made of, and what we will do if forced to it…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sir, at some point if they don't stop. Things will get sporty. Even a blind man can see it coming. You up early or out late? 0248 is awful dark....

      Delete
    2. I still struggle with pooping the bed, STxAR! 😆👍

      Dunno what it is. Now that I’m older I just can’t seem to sleep at night…

      Delete
    3. Understood. I deal with that a couple times a week, almost every week. Just like everything else, you learn to cope. I didn't know if you were an early bird or a night owl. I pop awake between 0300 and 0400 usually, too early for coffee, too late for a milkshake....

      Delete