Thursday, December 31, 2020

Weather Update

 Cold Front!


Man, it was 77 yesterday and 99% humid.  Ran the road, fixed the issue, and returned home to this!!

There it is!!!


After I got under the roll cloud, the wind shifted to the starboard quarter and it was wild!!  HEAVY rain, and gusty.  I was driving a parachute at that point....

 

In four mile the temp dropped 20 degrees, from 72 to 52...  And the rain was HARD.  I grew up in the panhandle, I've seen it hot and dry in the morning, and then a blue norther blow in, thunderstorms drop rain and hail, and be freezing on the bus home from school as snow starts falling...  all in a matter of hours.

I live in south Texas now, and this was amazing.  That front blew in STRONG.

The Fun Part 

My head is a barometer now.  There was a strong south wind, blowing humidity from the coast up towards the front.  It was coming, and I could feel it coming two days out.  That is not a feature, it's a bug.

Tuesday night, I was tossing and rolling like a gator with a carcass.  I tore the bed up, looked like a malaria patient's bed.  Thankfully I don't hallucinate!!  I have to keep on top of the weather now, or I'll be caught unprepared for the effort it takes to function.  And I can trace it to a certain day in April.  Life changes, no matter what.  Not mad or upset about this, just have to be aware and ready for it.

Merry New Year!  
 
Watch your topknot. 


 Robert McGee


Okay, another question:  Is there a Canadian thunderstorm?  About 0600 this morning, there was lightning but only soft thunder.  It just kind of rumbled, but it was sort of like, "I'm sorry, sorry, don't wake up, I have to do this, but sorry! Eh?"  It was the most polite thunderstorm I can remember.  Maybe because it came from a blue norther?

Any input there Glen??  Just wondering.

3 comments:

  1. STxAR, it is funny how the body works. I have a fellow Iaijutsu practitioner that swears by how his shoulder feels as to rain coming in. He is frighteningly accurate. I am not sure if my knees are now functioning in the same way but I am monitoring it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife's legs foretell weather. I was blissfully ignorant..... Was is the operative word there....

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post
    really nice
    i enjoyed this
    For more information go to Bellen Google Nederland

    ReplyDelete