Harsh news on the home front. It has been keeping my mind preoccupied. Sorry about the lack of new stuffuss. Preparing my mind for the next steps. Steps I've never even considered or wanted. On this, I had no plan B. May God be merciful to me.
Didja see this???
I have been busy..... honest....
- Working on a biz plan for the side work I've been doing, so I can keep doing it.
- Finishing up a project that has broken all desire to ever see a similar device.
- A few new responsibilities at the day job and a dawning realization that I may never get to retire from it.
- Rekindling a friendship after a buddy's return from decades overseas.
- Educating myself about a new diagnosis. One that I have had since the spark of life. One that has flavored everything I've ever done. And is incredibly frustrating to work through. Oh, there's a pill for that, too?
- Working on cleaning up clutter (like my patron saint, Saint Phil the Hoplophile).
A bit maudlin perhaps?
I surround myself with pictures of men that I remember reading about, men that lived lives worth emulating.
He did the best he knew how. He didn't quit until he was done. I aspire to that. I take courage from men like this. Men that stuck it out. Men that didn't quit when they were tired. Men that didn't stop until they were finished. Men that gracefully moved on when it was called for.
Some of you guys that come by to visit, I read what you write on the webz, and I take courage from it. Know this, that if no one else cares about what you say, I do. Most of you are brothers, friends I've never met. Men that live lives that, at least parts of if not most of, are worth emulating. Folks that I wouldn't mind meeting.... well, once anyway! Don't want to promise too much...
Last year was a tough one. This one has a looming shadow that I can't seem to shake loose from. I understand the image of the hammerfall now. Waiting....
Working on hope for the future. Preparing for major changes in my orbit.
Thanks for caring enough to come by and visit. I have a tonne of stuff to edit and put up.... Finding the umph has been... difficult.
Side note: did you know that this was prayed for you? I did. I needed to hear it again, too.