Thursday, November 29, 2018

Upcoming projects

I've been whipped after getting home after work.  Not sure if it is the constant swings between 80 and 40 degrees this winter, or I'm just outta gas.

Preview of coming attractions:


I need a 2 inch spacer for the power feed on the mill:

I love a fly cutter finish!


This is Mr. Garcia's drill press, details to follow:


When I took off the tarp, my heart sank...

A new tool!!!!!  Yes, Mr. Pete, 3 new tools a week is 300% better than 1 new tool a week....  And Mr. Tool and Die Guy, I didn't even know I needed one of these:


Oh baby!!


My pillow is calling my name.... 

3 comments:

  1. I hear you with the need for sleep.
    That Mill looks to be very nice and that finish certainly is!
    Not sure what was going on with that drill press and I have absolutely no clue what the pretty new gauge is for.
    Get some rest. it sure looks to me like you have been at this machining thing for quite a while now. You have probably already forgotten more than I will ever know. I still love messing with it and learning new things though.
    It's also incomparably more interesting than messing with cars like I did for so many years although the two are related.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you. I do all my own mechanic work. Except for rebuilding transmissions. That's beyond my pain tolerance. And the 1999 year model is about as far along as I want to go anyway. The increase in sensors and OBDC tech gets stupid past that anyway.

    The drill press hurt my feelings. I'm working on a post about it.

    oh... and the little baby is a sweet heart. More to follow. Thanks for sticking with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to say I have seen one of those mystery gauges before, many, many years ago. Maybe just a picture even but it's application and use escape me.

    ReplyDelete