Monday, December 3, 2018

It's Time for a Film!

Did you get to watch 16 mm films in school?




Were you the fourth grader that figured out how to loop the film so the sound and picture were in sync?  Were you the one that knew how to focus the lens?  Were you the one the teacher called on for help?  Did she finally give up and just ask you to load it, run it, rewind it and return it to the AV room?  Did you get one of these when everyone else was getting straight A's, or never tardy, or 100% attendance awards at school?

Yup, I have one.  6th Grade awards ceremony.  For 3 years of stellar technical service.
I guess it was inevitable that I'd be interested in mechanics, electronics and anything that required tools to keep functioning.

It's time for a film.....  


I learned a lot from watching this.  I hope you find these interesting.  I sure do.  (There may be a pop quiz)

2 comments:

  1. Heading out to work will watch when I get home but yeah, I was the projector guy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally found time to get back here and watch this late last night.
      I like those old videos myself, they give you quite a bit of information in a short amount of time.
      Somewhere I have a link to a whole series of old lathe operation videos that I have yet to watch but they came highly recommended.
      Since I have been a Get A Bigger Hammer kind of guy for forty years, all this is fairly new to me and I like to soak up as much as I can.
      Thanks for posting it.

      Delete